Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie...from the other night

We had chicken and dumplings the other night and I had some left over chicken and soup goop, so I made two Chicken Pot Pies. One for Monday's supper and one to freeze for another night.

The Making of our yummy pot pie from the other evening.

Rollllll it. Since I don't have tons of time to throw flour all over the counter, I pull the pie dough from the freezer and bring it to room temp. Then roll it between two pieces of plastic wrap. No stick and no mess.


Pour the bechamel sauce.
I used some of the liquid from the chicken and dumplings and made a bechamel sauce. Then added frozen peas, chopped carrots, green beans, sauted onions,...oh and the chicken.


Topped it with love and and egg wash, then popped it in the oven...'till bubbly


Rub a dub dub thanks for the grub...!








No comments: