Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hope


I have heard so much about hope and change for the past 2 years...and then in the past few days it has heightened. Not to be negative...but how sad that so many have to see this in a politician's campaign-it was great marketing. How beautifully spoken and what amazing words this politician has.

Personally not a political fan...right nor left are the answer...and would be surprised if through policy there would truly be change.

One thing I have noticed is you would think it is the winter holiday season already...with how nice my fellows have been. How amazing it would be if everyone could keep this spirit...no matter where you got your spark.
I still have hope in humanity.
In this uplifting spirit, I see...
...is what gives me hope.

Hope
**by Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

No comments: