Friday, August 22, 2008

C is for Compassion

My dear sweet son is so compassionate.
So I might have a possible vegetarian in the works...
Once he understands what meat is.
I begin the morning's breakfast, open up the eggs and who do I find...?
Chick (Hicks)
Of course...how ironic...
Hey!?
How did Chick get in here?

Hey, Maaaaxx??

I did it Moam , Chick is keeping the babies company.
(Maxx has a new name for me "Moam" (like foam, but with a M))
...but Moam wait!
Stop! Noooo! Don't crack the babies!
Awwwww!!!
No. No. No.

For breakfast we had: cantaloupe and blueberry pork sausage with toast.

In separateness lies the world's great misery, in compassion lies the worlds true strength.
~ Buddha

The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another and all involved in one another.
~Thomas Merton

No comments: